40 min 20 min prep
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix oil and sugar until
3. Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
4. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.
6. Pour into greased 9 x 9 square pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or
until sides just start to pull away from the pan.
8. Cool completely before cutting.
9. Note: I usually double the
recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 pan. If you double the recipe, you will need to cook longer than 20 minutes.