I got this out of and uastraian woman's weekly cookbook. There recipes
never fail. These are so simple and cute and even my dad ate one!!! and he hasn't touched custard since his school days, he
can't stand the stuff, but he liked these!!!
by Perfect Pixie
20 min 20 min prep
1/3 cup custard powder
2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups boiling
85 g strawberry jelly crystals
8 strawberries, for decoration
1. put the custard powder in a small
jug then stir in 1/2 cup of the milk, keep stirring until all the lumps have gone.
2. put a small saucepan on the stove,
pour the rest of the milk into the pan, turn the heat to medium and heat the milk until bubbles form at the edge, do not let
the milk boil.
3. give the custard powder mixture a good stir then quickly stir it into the milk.
4. stir the custard
until it boils and becomes thicker, pour the custard into a heatproof jug.
5. while the custard is cooling a little, pour
the boiling water into a large heatproof jug, sprinkle the jelly crystals into the jug and stir until the crystals are dissolved
and the mixture is clear.
6. put 4 serving glasses on a tray (they should be big enough to hold about 1 cup of liquid
7. pour the jelly evenly into the glasses, stir the custard then pour it slowly over the jelly, move the jug from
side to side to make patterns in the jelly.
8. cover with glad wrap and refridgerate for atleast 4 hours until the jelly
9. decorate with strawberries on top.