1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter
over low heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of the butter into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Layer 3 sheets of the phyllo dough
in the pan. Trim dough to fit. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of pecans over the phyllo dough. Layer 3 more sheets of dough, brush
generously with the melted butter, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of pecans. Continue dough -butter- pecan layers until pan
is 3/4 full.
3. With a sharp knife, score phyllo dough to form diamonds. Press a clove at each end of the diamonds. Pour
remaining butter over the dough.
4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
combine the sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan, and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the honey and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick. Pour honey mixture over
hot baklava. Let cool on wire racks. Cut into diamonds.
7. Pour honey mixture over hot baklava. Let cool on wire racks.
Cut into diamonds.