"Easy to make pita style bread."
1 1/8 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degreesC)
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
DIRECTIONS 1. Place all ingredients in bread pan of your bread machine, select Dough setting and start. When dough has risen long
enough, machine will beep.
2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently roll and stretch dough into a 12 inch
rope. With a sharp knife, divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each into a smooth ball. With a rolling pin, roll each ball into
a 6 to 7 inch circle. Set aside on a lightly floured countertop. cover with a towel. Let pitas rise about 30 minutes until
3. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Place 2 or 3 pitas on a wire cake rack. Place cake rack
directly on oven rack. Bake pitas 4 to 5 minutes until puffed and tops begin to brown. Remove from oven and immediately place
pitas in a sealed brown paper bag or cover them with a damp kitchen towel until soft. Once pitas a softened, either cut in
half or split top edge for half or whole pitas. They can be stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for several days or
in the freezer for 1 or 2 months.