1½ hours 30 min prep
1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening, very cold
2 tablespoons very cold water
5-6 cups apples, peeled cored and sliced very thin
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2. mix flour and salt.
3. With a pastry blender or two knifes cut in the
cold shortening until it looks like crumbs. Sprinkle cold water over flour. Toss mixture with a fork to combine. Add more
water if needed
4. Gently gather dough together into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
5. Chill in fridge for at least
30 minutes before rolling into a 9 inch pie plate.
7. mix apples, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg
together in a bowl then place in un baked pie crust.
9. Mix 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar together
in a bowl. Cut in butter mixture until crumbly.
10. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
11. Bake at 375 Degrees F 25 minutes. Remove foil from dish then bake 25 to 30 more minutes, until top is golden brown.
12. Cool on a wire rack.