"This cool and healthy dip can be served along side
rice and meat, or simply with bread. No Persian meal is complete without Maast-o khiar! This dish is best if refrigerated
for a few hours, but if you are strapped for time feel free to serve after mixing. Don't be afraid to get creative! Try adding
spinach, raisins, or walnuts. Other herbs could be used as well (i.e. mint, tarragon, oregano). More cucumbers, less shallots...it's
your call! Enjoy!"
* 1 (32 ounce) container plain yogurt
* 3 English cucumbers, peeled
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 shallot, finely chopped
* 5 tablespoons dried dill weed
* 1 teaspoon
* 1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, and shallot.
Season with dill, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.