I got this recipe but it's good and healthy! If you enjoy a stronger flavor feel free to increase the garlic, ginger and spices.
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken
1/2 cup water, enough to equal 4 cups
1 cup brown lentils, rinsed and drained
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can
diced tomatoes, drained
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add carrot and onion; cover and cook
3 minutes or until softened.
3. Stir in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add curry, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds.
4. Stir in diluted broth and lentils; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat; simmer covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until lentils
are tender. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls.